I’m gonna depress the hell out of all of you. ready? ok go
so, that “stop devaluing feminized work post”
nice idea and all
but the thing is, as soon as a decent number of women enter any field, it becomes “feminized,” and it becomes devalued.
- Draw your Inquisitor.
- Limit 2 Inquisitors per person (this is gonna be HUGE).
- Digital, traditional, doesn’t matter. Just make it full body, if you can.
- Colors are preferable, but not necessary.
- If done digitally, transparent background would be ideal.
- If traditional, scan or photograph your drawing.
- Submit your finished drawing here
- We will post your drawing with the artist tagged, and then add your image to the drawing
- Every week, we’ll post updates to the full image
- October 7th, we’ll show it to the Devs!
Commissioned by Sasseffect to paint the Seeker of Truth, Cassandra Pentaghast, “wearing ceremonial-ass armour and looking heroic as fuck" with some "random symbolic shit”.
This was a tonne of fun to paint, and I hope you have fun looking! :)
My Least Favorite Trope (and this post will include spoilers for The Lego Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Matrix, Western Civilization, and—cod help me—Bulletproof Monk*.) is the thing where there’s an awesome, smart, wonderful, powerful female character who by all rights ought to be the Chosen One and the hero of the movie, who is tasked with taking care of some generally ineffectual male character who is, for reasons of wish fulfillment, actually the person the film focuses on. She mentors him, she teaches him, and she inevitably becomes his girlfriend… and he gets the job she wanted: he gets to be the Chosen One even though she’s obviously far more qualified. And all he has to do to get it and deserve it is Man Up and Take Responsibility.
And that’s it. Every god-damned time. The mere fact of naming the films above and naming the trope gives away the entire plot and character arc of every single movie.
Go behind the scenes with Ramon Tikaram, the voice of Dorian in Dragon Age: Inquisiton!